Cherry Barb Issue!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So today I have noticed a whitish film on some of the cherry barbs. I'm still dosing Paraguard. I've googled for hours and can't find anything that is exactly what I'm seeing. Parameters are 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, and 5 nitrates. One of the fish has white poop that has been stuck to him for hours. It seems like signs are pointing to Parasite but am unsure of which one. It's not fluffy. All scales are fine. I don't get it! They are all eating fine and swimming around. Some are more energetic than others. There's no fin issues. I'm at a loss. Any ideas??

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Today's update: I don't see the white film anymore so whatever that was, I hope it's gone. The original fish that I wrote about is now refusing to move much or eat and is kind of hovering head down. He's the first pictures. 2nd fish that I'm worried about looks like he has a clamped fin. He's swimming around and eating though. I've included pictures of him too. I'm doing water changes with Prime. All parameters are good. (0 ammonia, 0 nitrites and 5 nitrates) I'm feeding food with metro as well as Paraguard everyday. Can ya'll take a look please? Anyone have any ideas?? Please and thank you! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425256501.649651.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425256518.994688.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425256536.866517.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425256559.078133.jpg

Sry, I'm not sure what it could be... I would say keep up with the water changes daily tho and hopefully things get better

Update from this morning: 8 happy Cherry barbs ( I think) and 1 missing. I looked everywhere and can't find him. I have a lot of plants so maybe he's in them somewhere. The remaining 8 look much happier and are more colorful than the past few days. Now to just find missing fish...

In case anyone is curious, original fish that I posted about has been located. Unfortunately, he died. The other 8 are still looking good for now. The 2nd fish I posted about is raising his fin now so it's not as clamped. He still does it but not all the time. Hopefully, the remaining 8 will stay 8.

Back
Top Bottom