cherry shrimp in comm tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jock7575

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all,i was wondering if cherry shrimp would be compatible with black tetras,rosy barbs and zebra danios?i have a feeling ive just ordered some expensive fish food:banghead:

Hi. I've got a 65g community tank with a lot of different tetras and a huge colony of RCS. The trick is to give the shrimp a lot of cover, I have found moss to be the best hiding place for the baby shrimp. I have no doubt that many babies are eaten but the fish take absolutely no notice of the juveniles and adults.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1443215368.924329.jpg
As you can see, they live quite happily together, given enough plants.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Just found another pic.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1443215533.116354.jpg
These cardinals were in my QT FOR 6 weeks. I keep my overflow of RCS in the QT. The fish get into very good condition on the babies but still the numbers of shrimp increases.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Hi all,i was wondering if cherry shrimp would be compatible with black tetras,rosy barbs and zebra danios?i have a feeling ive just ordered some expensive fish food:banghead:

Black skirt tetras and zebra danios will probably make moves on the rcs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks guys i will be getting some more plants today before they arrive next week....hopefully I've provided enough hiding spots for them��

Back
Top Bottom