Cherry Shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pickles12807

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently set up a 2.5 gallon shrimp tank and got some cherry shrimp from a LFS. This is my first time owning shrimp, except ghost shrimp. I know male shrimp are much paler than females, but do cherry shrimp have color patterns like the picture below? All the other cherry shrimp I got are a more solid color, so I'm pretty intrigued by the markings of this one.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425170028.701910.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have cherry shrimp, they were one of the first species I got, but I have never seen that before.

Okay, thanks! I'm really new to shrimp, and aquariums in general, so I wasn't sure. Do they require any different care than cherries?

Nope almost all neocaridina species are the same

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have a huge colony of RCS but I now have 2 that look just like the OPs picture. They were definitely bred in the tank and all the original stock were pure red in colour.
So, is a Rili a distinct colour trait or just a quirk of genetics.
Sorry, can't get a picture of either of them.

If possible you could seperate them to make a more hardier/distinct breed

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have a huge colony of RCS but I now have 2 that look just like the OPs picture. They were definitely bred in the tank and all the original stock were pure red in colour.
So, is a Rili a distinct colour trait or just a quirk of genetics.
Sorry, can't get a picture of either of them.

Red rilis breed true and are a distinct noted color morph from RCS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom