Chicago area fish stores.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bs6749

Aquarium Advice Addict
I may be in the Chicago area in 2 weeks and I wanted to see if there are any good/interesting fish stores worth visiting. I am sure there are a few but what are their names and where are they located? I am relying on the members of this forum to help me out since I have little knowledge of the Chicago area. Thanks in advance.

I am going to be heading to the airport to pick up my brother's girlfriend and I'm not sure whether it's O'Hare or Midway so I am looking for something in the general area. I guess I could find out which airport it is so I have a better idea of where I can go beforehand. I am looking to buy some interesting/unique fish (freshwater) for my new 125 that I will have setup up. I was hoping that someone would know of a place that had something like that or just some nice quality fish in general. I am probably going to get 5-6 discus eventually along with a pair of angels (I'm aware of the theory that they shouldn't be kept together due to parasites that are harmful to one another), 1-3 pairs/trios of some apisto specie(s) and either one large school of neons (I'd like 36 or so of them) or a smaller school of neons (24 maybe) and another type of schooling fish (12-18 of them depending on size) to accompany my 9 GBR's (6 adult 3 juvenile...may be getting rid of 3 or so of them or putting them in my 10 gallon), 2 ottos, female BN pleco (may be getting rid of her as well) and my 7 glowlight tetras (may be getting rid of all of these or making them part of the smaller school that I plan on).

I just thought that if I happened to see some interesting fish I might change my mind on my stocking list and I also thought if I DID happen to see some really nice quality discus and or angels I would pick up some and bring them back with me.

Back
Top Bottom