chicken wire to cover tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfanatic

Aquarium Advice Addict
Here is the deal... I have had fish jump out of my tank... so I went to the lfs and bought a glass cover, well the glass cover happens to block quite a bit of my light (I need all I can get for my plants). Would a fine chicken wire work. Or would it block just as much light?

That is just the thing I am looking for! Were can I get it (12*36 inches)

Won't the small fish jump through the small holes TiC !
Reminds me of the mosquito net with big holes for big mosquito's and small holes... you guessed it !

Won't the small fish jump through the small holes TiC !
Reminds me of the mosquito net with big holes for big mosquito's and small holes... you guessed it !
Correct me if I am wrong but wont the egg crate lower the odds of the fish jumping out, I don't know how much it will help but it is better than nothing IMO. How big are the square holes in the egg crate?

I think it's a great idea and the fish would have to be real accurate to clear the mesh and get out. I was joking about small fish-small holes !
(TiC = 'Tongue in Cheek')

Okey... I had no clue what TiC ment thanks. And thanks for the input

No prob's FF, no experience with egg-crate, but looking at anything I can find, the holes are around 20mm sq.

Back
Top Bottom