Children naming fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just got 3 African Dwarf Frogs today and Arabella made me laugh again...she named them Ted the Toad, Fred the Frog & Vivian the Amphibian! LMAO She kills me!!

DrConnie said:
Just got 3 African Dwarf Frogs today and Arabella made me laugh again...she named them Ted the Toad, Fred the Frog & Vivian the Amphibian! LMAO She kills me!!

That's awesome! Little kids are so creative!

I like George Weasly (I wonder why lol) I named all my snails Gary!

Amazing how many Garys there are huh? (Still waiting for our Gary to start meowing) I'm loving all the replies I got to this thread...I read them all to my daughter as they come in & she gets a kick out of it.

Its hard picturing a snail named Steve, it's just not right. Spongebob definitely changed the way people name snails! :p

Its hard picturing a snail named Steve, it's just not right. Spongebob definitely changed the way people name snails! :p

TV and movies in general have sure influenced a lot of Arabella's choices in names. I gotta say though, that my favorite to date is the newest addition to our family...Vivian the Amphibian. I can't stop laughing! :ROFLMAO:

LOL! What an awesome name!

I'm gonna be thinking about that all day now.... :p

LOL! What an awesome name!

I'm gonna be thinking about that all day now.... :p

:lol:She will be thrilled to have given you a smile & a giggle! I count myself lucky to have a 9 year old who I absolutely adore hanging out with. We laugh constantly together (it speaks to my immaturity perhaps?) Whatever...I love that kid!

Kids naming fish? What about adults?!? lol I have named my fish ever since I started. Every fish in all of our tanks have names. Lilly comes up with some, I come up with some and Jonathan comes up with some hah. So far our names include:
Frank-Leporinus RIP
Alfred- Pleco
Lucky- Tiger barb ( he made it through the assasination of his kind when frank got hungry)
Ketchup-Tomato Clown
Lola- Dottyback
Oreo-3 striped damsel
Speedracer- BI-color chromis
Firefly-firetailed goby
Venom- domino damsel ( he looks like the venom spider man)
Horshack- Starry blenny
Juicy Fruit- Yellowtailed damsel
Sherbert- xmas wrasse.....
and so on ha

Kids naming fish? What about adults?!? lol I have named my fish ever since I started. Every fish in all of our tanks have names. Lilly comes up with some, I come up with some and Jonathan comes up with some hah. So far our names include:
Frank-Leporinus RIP
Alfred- Pleco
Lucky- Tiger barb ( he made it through the assasination of his kind when frank got hungry)
Ketchup-Tomato Clown
Lola- Dottyback
Oreo-3 striped damsel
Speedracer- BI-color chromis
Firefly-firetailed goby
Venom- domino damsel ( he looks like the venom spider man)
Horshack- Starry blenny
Juicy Fruit- Yellowtailed damsel
Sherbert- xmas wrasse.....
and so on ha

LOL Love love love Horshack!! Sorry about Frank...perhaps he overate!

LOL Love love love Horshack!! Sorry about Frank...perhaps he overate!

Horshack is named after Horshack in watchmen because his colors always change like Horshacks mask in the movie lol.

Frank jumped out of the 2 inch space in the back of the tank where the lights and filter doesn't cover the night before the hurricane. Must of known it was coming and thought death was a better option. I came home from work at 11pm and found him laying in front of the tank! :eek:

Horshack is named after Horshack in watchmen because his colors always change like Horshacks mask in the movie lol.

Frank jumped out of the 2 inch space in the back of the tank where the lights and filter doesn't cover the night before the hurricane. Must of known it was coming and thought death was a better option. I came home from work at 11pm and found him laying in front of the tank! :eek:

I automatically assumed Horshack was from Welcome Back Kotter, cause I've never seen Watchmen! A great name regardless :)
As for Frank...OMG! The fishy equivalent of jumping out a highrise window during a fire...:eek: what a brave little guy!

I haven't thought about WBK in years, last Thursday my daughter comes home from school talking about a little boy in her class named Carter. Soooo me being a awesome dad felt compelled to teach her the song. You can sing along (welcome back your dreams are your ticket out. Welcome back to that same old place you used to laugh about) that's all I could get her to say! LoL sooo jump to Friday when I pick her up. The teacher ask me why she is telling Carter welcome back and singing to him all day? Awww good times. She is 3 and this is wee school. But apparently Carter loved to song lol

Sorry for jumping off topic.

I haven't thought about WBK in years, last Thursday my daughter comes home from school talking about a little boy in her class named Carter. Soooo me being a awesome dad felt compelled to teach her the song. You can sing along (welcome back your dreams are your ticket out. Welcome back to that same old place you used to laugh about) that's all I could get her to say! LoL sooo jump to Friday when I pick her up. The teacher ask me why she is telling Carter welcome back and singing to him all day? Awww good times. She is 3 and this is wee school. But apparently Carter loved to song lol

Sorry for jumping off topic.

Yeah!! I love it! Now I'm singing that song in my head...

No worries jumping off topic- this thread was all about smiles :D

Back
Top Bottom