Chinese Hillstream Loaches.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr.Albiman

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Do Chinese Hillstream Loaches (Pseudogastromyzon cheni) like to be in small groups or do they prefer to be alone? The reason I ask is that I have 1 in my coldwater set up (20-21°C) and he looks a little miserable.

Thank you guys! :fish2:

Hillstream Loaches do enjoy groups. I would say a trio is enough to have some social interaction, less loneliness, and a mor esecure feeling for your loach. But, bigger groups are always better.

Hillstream Loaches do enjoy groups. I would say a trio is enough to have some social interaction, less loneliness, and a mor esecure feeling for your loach. But, bigger groups are always better.

That was what I was gathering from research but thought I'd ask before I spend money on them, and then just end up with them fighting! :brows:
So it looks like I'll be getting my little guy some friends this week then! Thanks! :fish2:

That was what I was gathering from research but thought I'd ask before I spend money on them, and then just end up with them fighting! :brows:
So it looks like I'll be getting my little guy some friends this week then! Thanks! :fish2:
Awesome, good luck!

Your very welcome!

Do you know how large they get? And how long it takes for them to get that size? :)

This is the species we're talking about if that helps. :)
:fish2:

Attachments

• pseudogastromyzon cheni.jpg
    pseudogastromyzon cheni.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 116
Back
Top Bottom