Chinese Pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caribou

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was at my LFS today and saw a cool fish that they had labeled as a Flat Chinese Pleco. It was about 2" long and reminded me of a stingray. It had a light body color and very fine dark/black dots. No scientific was listed. Is anyone familiar with this fish and how big they might get? TIA, Caribou

Yep, that's it!! Thanks for the I.D. It looks like this fish will work in my tank, so I think I go buy a couple tomorrow.

Keep in mind most plecos grow more aggresive towards their own kind as they mature.
Not sure if this is the case with these, but I'm pretty sure that's the case with most plecos.

These are a loach....one that is found in fast-flowing, cool (64ºF-70ºF)streams with highly-oxygenated water....not suitable for almost all home aquariums.

you need a river setup for those. They like large flat smooth rocks and a sandy bottom. THe flow must flow along the length of the tank just like a stream. A few air pumps are also appreciated. Don't got them enless you can give them these things.

Back
Top Bottom