Chip in glass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trainer_Ruby_

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I got a used 55 and noticed there was a patch job on the corner of it and it looked really poorly done so I took it off to see what I was dealing with. There are two fairly large chips in the corner the larger one is shallow and the smaller one is fairly deep but on the edge ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426474906.537757.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426474958.397621.jpg will it be fine or should I replace it and how should I do that? Never had to fix a tank before

Sent from peliper

It's always a bit more of a risk having a chipped tank. MY 30 gal tall tank has a chip similar to your smaller deeper chip in about the same location. It's a 24" tall tank, so lots of water pressure down that low. I put it in the basement, filled it to the brim, and left it sit a week. It's now been upstairs as a beautiful display tank for the goldfish for 6+ months with no issues.

Chances are you'll be fine, but don't look to me with a cleaning bill if it does break! :p

Back
Top Bottom