"Chocolate" Cherry RCS with pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really like the chocolate brown!

I'm consistently getting some nice two tone blues from carbon rili and blue dreams.

Long time no updates. Sorry about that. Things didn't really get back on track as I would have expected.

Now there are many babies and the babies are a few saddled I just noticed, not fully grown yet either. I got a few pics and will load them this week.

The Black Brown Blue BBB shrimp seems to be putting out babies on a regular basis.

The adult dark red auburn shrimp seem to have disappeared months ago. I think there are 2 brown blackish ones, but lately now, I have not seen the male lately. Just the female, BBB. She has a black upper body a bronze stripe down her back and a little bit of blue black tint to her lower skirt/swimmerette area. But the light has to hit just right to see the color.

The most interesting part is now there are babies which are decent red, light red, tan, lighter darkening to bronze with a lighter tan/brown stripe, and the blue-grey ones.

It just keeps getting more variety. I plan to, a little at a time, cull the reds first, they are easy to see and try to remove. Then maybe get them into a seperate tank breeding and see what they produce. Then the blue grey which are really interesting, and originally I was breeding some that were similar to them and getting a tan red and grey blue mix. Laughing to myself feeling that I amost have come full circle in 3.5 years.

The culling should have been done earlier, but due to circumstances I had to deal with outside of fishkeeping, culling didn't happen.

Pics coming soon.

No new cell phone for the pics. But the update has more to do with my reading up a little more on these shrimp.

Apparently the darkest auburn red seem to be called Bloody Mary shrimp, and yes we call shrimp whatever we want to make up names for, I have seen those as blood red with tints towards auburn.

The morph I got were the brownish black from them the momma shrimp was a poppa too but I haven't seen him in awhile.

I think I mentioned that the skirt /swimmerettes area of the momma shrimp is deep blue. but weird that sometimes it doesn't seem blue just brown (maybe there are 2 shrimp that dark after all and I just never see them at the same time! They hide so well

BLUE Diamond shrimp

A couple years back ~2013 these started popping up according to my reading from a breeding pond in Taiwan from Chocolate Cherry colored shrimp!!!!!

Now this seems to be making so much more sense.

How these originally tan clear shrimp end up morphing into all these colors is just truely amazing.

I was going to scrap this experiment all together and get rid of all those shrimp except my momma. BUT, changed my mind at least for awhile. Around June will make some changes.

But for now, I plan this week to cull all the clear and tan and likely very pale pink ones and add them to my big tank for cleaning or fish snacks. May the smart and strong survive.

If there are a decent number of low grade to normal colored cherries I will sell them locally to help someone learn about shrimp keeping.

Now to the other stock. I am wondering what would happen to add the Blue Velvet shrimp back into the mix. These guys were supposedly from the same stock maybe 4+ years ago.

So little side projects from this may be 2 5G

3# Blue Grey Shrimp Project

All the Blue to Blue Grey Shrimp bred back with a few BV. 6 months

#2 Chocolate Cherry Project

One tank with the darkest colored shrimp the ones showing brown and brown with golden stripe, though they are all lighter than the momma. Breed back in a couple BV and see what happens over the 6 months.

and

#1 Project Chocolate Cherry Shrimp into Blue Diamond Shrimp

Buy a few perfect Royal Blue Blue Diamond Shrimp and breed them with my momma shrimp and see what comes of it.

Granted I am starting with a Brown Black breeder with blue traits, hoping that that wouldn't bring the color down too much maybe bring something to the table.

Other wise if the babies aren't what I want I will sell off all the offspring and just breed the Blue Diamonds. I have been wanting to have Blue and Orange shrimp for ever. I do now with the BV and Tangerine Tigers.

My new tank will be TT and Blue Diamonds. Can't wait to set it up. Starting with the TT I just separated from the BV in the tank yesterday.

The TT are really great color and I like them alot because they have so much spunk. When I was pulling them out and searating them, it was interesting that the majority of the BV enjoyed the back of the tank and the TT were hanging out more in the front of the tank. Explains why I didn't see them as often.

The BD shrimp need to be culled vigorously as they tent to get purpleish brownish color offspring.

Shrimp keeping is an odd hobby to have (not that anyone here at AA would think that though) but I love it.

Where are you getting the blue diamonds from? ��

Haven't decided yet. There are several options of sellers who look like they have nice stuff.

Several things to consider are whether I can get somethng else from the seller that I want...(to order to save shipping)

Whether they have the item provided just like the pics they post...often they aren't the same quality pictured, or like with the BD that they are all Blue not purple or brownish.

I expect to get all Royal Blue color and also you need to get male and female not just male culls if you are going to breed them.

If they are an experienced seller, professional fish/shrimp packer & shipper and good to deal with.

Those are the main ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Do share once it's sorted. I've a huge thing for the color, the last batch I took a gamble on looked like glorified rilis.

Back
Top Bottom