Cichlid aquascaping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jakepen

Aquarium Advice FINatic
How do you guys keep all your rocks from tumbling, did you glue them? If so with what, and how?

stack them so they are stable. cichlids need a switch of structures every once in a while so they find new territories like when you do a big clean monthly/ bi monthly depending on what you do or how stocked you are, re-arrange the rocks/ decor then also if you have new fish to add that would be the time to add so they dont get picked on as much

Attachments

• fish tank 1.jpg
    fish tank 1.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 90
You have slates I see, even with all their digging, your not worried about them tipping over? Just have to make sure they're that stable into the sand?

What I did was add the rocks and scape your tank first. Then you add the sand, this way when they start digging your less likely to have issues. Check out my video in my sig.

i have a 75 gallon tank, so what i did to start is cut a piece of egg crate for the bottom then set all my base rock up, then added 1/4 tank of water, then added the sand i used 80 lbs of play sand ($8 at home depot, CLEAN WELL), then added the rest of my rock, and then filled with water the rest of the way. If you want to add more rock like i did clear the sand slowly (as to not stir up the sand) so you can see eggcrate and place rocks down then move sand around the base of the rock to fill it in. I used some slate, lannon stone and field stone only 2 pieces i got from a lfs years ago the rest i found randomly.

the cichlids dig like crazy but i havent had any issues of rocks falling ever make sure you have a good base dont put the rocks on glass eggcrate all the way

Back
Top Bottom