Cichlid care

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Goldfish101

Aquarium Advice Regular
Please help how do you take care of Africancichlids. My tank is a 10 gallon. One fish a plecostomus and yes I will give him away when he gets big he is only 3 inch's right now. and I plan on getting 4 cichlids 2 on 2 even so there won't be any territory if I have to get six then I will. Please what do they like I have a cairn of rocks for hiding and another rock because I know they like rocks what temp do they like and water conditions and I don't think I will use a buffer or salt. I water is hard and alkaline:fish2:

10 gallons is way to small for any cichlid for a beginner to keep. Especially African rift cichlids. Your not going to be able to keep any and your going to need to return the pleco. Your two options are rethink your stock or get a bigger tank

10 gallons is way to small for any cichlid for a beginner to keep. Especially African rift cichlids. Your not going to be able to keep any and your going to need to return the pleco. Your two options are rethink your stock or get a bigger tank

Yeah I agree, too much to go wrong water quality wise. Get a 20 or 30 gallon and try some kribs, Shelly's, or SA dwarfs

No I mean 20 I have a 20 gallon tank I hit the stupid 1 I mean 20 gallons with rocks I was wondering why you were saying it was small and saying 10 gallons

I am thinking getting 4 kenyi cichlids

Yes I agree. Still too much aggression. The community cichlid suggested shell dwellers. They would be suited to your water and are very easy to care for. They only grow to about 1-2 inches and they inhabit the shells along the coast of lake tangyakia (spelling) they will hopefully breed if fed a variety of food and have water changes every other week. You could do a group of six then let them breed.

Back
Top Bottom