Cichlid compatibility

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MACATUA

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Doing research on maybe a cichlid tank, so I saw some I liked and wanted to know if there were any problems known between these species.

Malawi Eye Biters
Moorii (kaiser II)
Acei
Demasoni
Yellow Labs
Red Zebra
Electric Blue
Duboisi

Yes, you are mixing haps with mbuna, usually not the best idea to do unless you have a huge tank. Other than that, depends on the size of tank you are putting the fish in. The acei and yellow labs mix well with pretty much any other mbuna (they are quite unaggressive towards others). Red zebras, electric blues, and demasoni can be fairly aggressive. Demasoni may be small but they are highly aggressive.

Not too familiar with the duboisi.

Basically, it comes down to tank size and rock work in the tank. Try to keep at least trios (1 male / 2 females).

Demasoni may be small but they are highly aggressive.
And beautiful!!! My fav LFS guy that deals only in Africans keeps telling me I cannot have those fish in my my mature P zebras. I am taking his advice and trying to see where another tank would fit in the house :wink:
I really do not like the idea of mixing haps and Mbuna, the pecking order is different and haps loose out. What size tank will you have for these guys? For ideas--check out my gallery.

Back
Top Bottom