Cichlid fry food.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

exeori

Aquarium Advice Regular
Will rams and other apistogramma eat the others fry? I was thinking of adding some guppies to my apistogramma tank

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yep, they will devour guppy fry. Fun to watch too, especially if the rams pack hunt em;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Great! Just the answer I wanted! Some good food for them and money saving for me ;)

It'd be best to keep them in a breeder box, that way they won't eat a months supply in 2 days, they'll just keep eating. .

I have 12 apistogramma in my tank. Will the fry be too much food for them?

How much fry? Im interested, I love my apistos! What kind? Tank size? Sex ratio? I have a pair of panduros in my 10, just actually lost my main man cac:(

I've never kept guppies so I don't know how many they usually give birth to. I've got german blue, electric, gold and Bolivian rams. Then a mix of apisto barlowi and agazisi. Not sure on the sexes of the Apis though. I love how they seem to have a very good balance of aggression

Yea, i guess the trick to keeping them together is big numbers to break up individual aggression, careful with guppys, poor stock can get your pistos sick.. maybe get some nice tiger endlers? They look great and bang out fry like a machine..

Back
Top Bottom