Cichlid Tank Decorations..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

-=Jeff=-

Aquarium Advice Freak
Since my 40gal will still be running that currently has my cichlids, I have decided to wait until I get my 55 Gal (48" L) for moving them

What kind of rock can I use and what alternative item can I use to set it up.

The 50 gal (30L) I received might get set-up as a FW community tank or maybe Saltwater if I dare, but that is another topic

So what is suggested for the 55gal tank?

Plan is a sand Substrate (was going to be black, but I am open for a color on that too)

+1

The cichlids love these stones! And because they are ceramic, they don't mess with your parameters at all. (y)

Yeah not 100% sure on what color sand white black or mixed.. Those Cochlids stones are pretty cool.

cannot wait until I get my 55

When I get a larger tank I think I would go with the Black sand too. I have 6 Cichlid stones in my 55 and the Peacock's do like them. Especially for hiding places. Good luck have fun.

I used the fine black blasting sand and love it ( there are dif grits). It was called Black Diamond and was like 4$ for 50# bag.

-=Jeff=- said:
Did you get it at a Big Box Store? (Lowes or Home Depot?)

I got it at tractor supply. Maybe google it to find some place in your area. Im in Pa.

-=Jeff=- said:
Did you get it at a Big Box Store? (Lowes or Home Depot?)

My 140 g tank. I'll try to find an old pix before I switched....

Attachments

• image-3654687676.jpg
    image-3654687676.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 167
  • image-2033352604.jpg
    image-2033352604.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 151
-=Jeff=- said:
Suggestion for a good place to get Lava rock?

I got mine at home depot, the small landscape kind. I use a layer behind my rock wall for small fry to hide in.

Bl80 said:
My 140 g tank. I'll try to find an old pix before I switched....

This was when I moved them from their 55 to the 140g.

Attachments

• image-197282694.jpg
    image-197282694.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 142
  • image-2508495124.jpg
    image-2508495124.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 136
-=Jeff=- said:
Suggestion for a good place to get Lava rock?

I got huge chunks of lava at my local rock place for super cheap and they ended up being far better looking than the expensive store bought ones. That hole through the center of their rocks must be very difficult to make lol

Back
Top Bottom