Cichlids has white ball behind eye-help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jmanger

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi! New member here and new with cichlids. Have a little one that has developed a white bubble behind its eye. In reading on the site I saw where a person asked about Popeye and I am not sure if this is the same thing. We have in by itself for safely in case it is not an injury and have been treating with Maracyc for 3 days now. .eye does not look any better. Saw where someone suggested Epson Salt and another Aq. salt. . .we are using Aq salt but in a little weaker solutions just in case, trying to be careful here. Apprciate any help/suggestions. .thanks

Hi! New member here and new with cichlids. Have a little one that has developed a white bubble behind its eye. In reading on the site I saw where a person asked about Popeye and I am not sure if this is the same thing. We have in by itself for safely in case it is not an injury and have been treating with Maracyc for 3 days now. .eye does not look any better. Saw where someone suggested Epson Salt and another Aq. salt. . .we are using Aq salt but in a little weaker solutions just in case, trying to be careful here. Apprciate any help/suggestions. .thanks

Try to get a pic and post it if you can..would be easier to help diagnose if we had a visual example..

We had him in a 29 gal tank with a few others (5) and have a 20 gal tank with 2 very small fish we felt to small to be put in with the others just yet. When this one fish developed the eye condition 3 days ago we had no place to put him so we now have him in a gal milk jug, top cut out, gravel in bottom with a few rocks from the tank to sink it into the 20 gal tank, half filled with water so the heater can keep him warm. He has no contact with other fish or shared water. We can not take a pic though the jug good enough to show you, sorry. My husband has had several tanks before but not Cichlits and he knows how to keep water clean, managed right so we know there is no problem there as he keeps everything running smoothy with water changes, tests etc. So just want is a Popeye? Maybe if you told me we might be able to determine if this might be it or not? This eye has a round white ball shape behind one eye that makes the eye bulge out alot. It almost looks like an absess of some sort, full of liquid but then it is hard to get a good look at this fish as he is very small yet. . .

In doing our research online, we are pretty sure this is Popeye so we are doing the treatments etc so thanks for any replys I had on this posts.

Back
Top Bottom