Clamped fins, red gills, sometimes tipping over

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I use city water and I am in British Columbia, Canada.

Eduguy, we've given you the best advice we can. Ultimately, it's up to YOU to decide what to do or not do to save your fish. If you dont act, chances are they won't make it. There are many resources at your fingertips to research and buy medication. Good luck to you and your fish.

Ok. I'll change water and if all else fails I might medicate.

Start treating and see if that works. Hope so!!! Get a master test kit or a at least get the water checked at the lfs, Nitrates should be less than 30.

Haven't tested nitrates yet. I changed abput 25% of water today.

Change more, like 50-75% once or twice a day! Pristine water is really essential

Hopefully just water changes wil solve this.

Might as well test everything. Just to see what it is. Water quality needs to be about perfect anytime the fish are sick. So they can get better faster and help avoid complications from poor water quality as well.

But if you have gill flukes don't you need meds? Like worms, I haven't had that, not familiar with treatments as much but you have to be careful if you have invertebrates. Check into the salt also.

Do gill flukes go away themselves with time or does it have to be treated?

Do gill flukes go away themselves with time or does it have to be treated?

They need to be treated with praziquantel. Prazipro (made by Hikari) is a simple and safe means for treatment. It will not affect shrimp, snails, frogs or any other inverts at standard doses. However, it should not be mixed with other meds due to the potential for lethal complications. If you have other meds in your tank, they need to be removed first before starting treatment.

Okay. I need to remove carbon from filter if I put in medicine right?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom