Clean up crew

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Triggersgalore

Aquarium Advice Activist
When I first started up my 250 gallon FOWLR I had a great CUC but as I had aggressive fish like triggers and lions and groupers they all got eaten then I converted to a reef and I didn't like it so I am going back to FOWLR and I need to know what I should put as a clean up crew and how many in order for them to last long. I have a 7 inch lion fish a 4 inch squirrelfish a 4 inch undulated trigger a 4 inch vlamingi tang a white eyed moray eel and a tiger moray eel. Any info would be great thanks!

Not an expert on fish only tanks but I would think really big snails would be the key. Maybe some large crabs but not sure. I've seen huge snails and I doubt they'd wanna eat those. Everything else would probably get eaten

I don't know about that. Haha they are monsters they have eaten full grown crayfish.

I would say huge snails have more of a chance with the puffer than crabs will. My conchs (both quite large) seem to be pretty savvy when it comes to protection from my puffer. I also have a huge banded trochus which has survived the puffers beak :)

Back
Top Bottom