Cleaned up the tank a bit today. What do you think?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blert

Aquarium Advice Addict
37 gallon converted from fake plants about a month ago.

Substrate is a mix of Fluval Stratum and black sand. It was originally 3" to 4" thick and ever since I changed over I've been wanting to take some out so today I did. Now it's about 2" to 3" thick and the rest went into a ten gallon that is now in the process of being cycled.

Lighting is a Coralife 30" t5ho with one actinic bulb and one 10000k bulb. Going to change the 10000k out for a 6500k bulb as my fish are not too fond of the ultra whiteness of the 10000k.

Can't wait until the background plants get some more length to them as they look a bit short in this tall tank right now.

Attachments

• image-1367396682.jpg
    image-1367396682.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 147
I like it as well. Only advice I can offer is to trim those stem plants now, even just taking the top off will cause it to branch and you'll come out with a bushier look instead of it being very "leggy" stem plants

FastFly67 said:
I like it as well. Only advice I can offer is to trim those stem plants now, even just taking the top off will cause it to branch and you'll come out with a bushier look instead of it being very "leggy" stem plants

Thanks. I did trim up the wisteria save that one tall stem because I still wanted to keep some height. I'll trim that one after the others grow up a bit. I'll trim the rotala at the next cleaning after I build a stand for my 40b as some of that is going to go in there.

Back
Top Bottom