Cleaner gobie?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scotteod

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Please help ID this fish. I caught it locally in West Palm Beach. I think it may be Elacatinus genie (cleaner gobie).

Can anyone confirm this ID?

Also, does anyone have any experience with them in their tanks? My six line is chasing the **** out of it, and if this is a cleaner gobie of some kind, they should get along... What gives?

Thanks in advance.
12g AP mixed reef

Attachments

• February22008 019.jpg
    February22008 019.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 71
  • Elacatinus_genie.jpg
    Elacatinus_genie.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 54
it looks like a cleaner wrasse to me... and if so that would be why your sixline is not friendly with it, and if so he prob. wont last as they clean parasites off other fish as their diet. I will let someone more knowledgeable step in though

In case it wasn't clear in my first post...I caught it in the ocean...It is native to S. Florida.

it looks like a cleaner wrasse to me... and if so that would be why your sixline is not friendly with it, and if so he prob. wont last as they clean parasites off other fish as their diet. I will let someone more knowledgeable step in though

It's a sharknose goby...they clean parasites off of fish, and they clean the little lice-like creatures off of the glass. I've had my sharknose goby for about 2 months, and he's been eating ONLY stuff off of my glass. When the lights turn on in the morning (which is my alarm clock) I see him feeding on the glass...which contains the lice-like stuff.

Looks like a Neon Goby to me....

Attachments

• January_Entry.jpg
    January_Entry.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC_2207.jpg
    DSC_2207.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC_2188.jpg
    DSC_2188.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 67
Back