Wild anemone.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NONO-AMJ79

Aquarium Advice Regular
Greetings,
I'm from Houston and on a trip to Galveston I found an anemone floating on some seaweed that it was attached to. It was about the size of a ping-pong ball. I caught it with a bucket and yes, I brought it home. Two days later it attached to my rock and it's been there ever since. It's been in my tank for 2 1/2 months. It eats well, I feed it krill, chunks of shrimp, pieces of squid along with the 2 reef hermits that it got ahold of. My other fish at first were cautious around it and somehow know to stay away from its tentacles. I have a Pajama Cardinal who doesn't even care about it, a Yellow Tang who sometimes stares at it and swims forward and backward when it he gets near it, a six line wrasse who is curious about it and sometimes pecks at it, and an engineer goby who minds his own on the opposite side of the tank. The anemone has grown some and even the tentacles got longer, from 1/2 inch to about 1 1/4 inch. My only questions are, does anyone know what type of anemone it is and will it eat my fish?20170506_222006.jpg20170522_191837.jpg

Back
Top Bottom