Cleaning Algae?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlackMollyJenny

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I currently have a 20 gallon freshwater fish tank with 8 guppies, a red-finned shark, and a dojo loach.

I've had a lot of problem with algae, It's growing every were and I can't get it off of my plants and decor! I already have an algae scraper for the glass, the issue is mainly my decor.

All I'm asking for is good ways to get algae off my decor, I honestly don't know what's a good idea and don't want to risk my fish.

I have tried scrubbing it off with a sink scrub brush, but it took a long time and I'm not up for a good 45 minutes scrubbing off a plant. At one point I also had some algae eaters (that only grew to 1"!) but both died and at my local pet store, they where only limited time, or something along those lines.

All help is appreciated, anything helps!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Could you specify matinence
I use my lights from about 7 am - 9 pm, but I'm not very sure what frets are (sorry, still slightly a newbie at all the terms and such)

Sorry, sent that early by mistake, I ment to say "could you specify maintenance a little more?"

You might could trying turning your lights out and only use them at feeding time. Try that for a few days and see if that helps.

Is the tank in the sun??

?Sawyer?

I'll try that and see if it works, and the sun usually passes over my tank for a few hours every day.

If the algae remains try and get some type of curtain to cover up the window the sun comes through. (If it is a window)

?Sawyer?

Ok, I planned too anyway, thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom