Cleaning supplies and heaters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mkeuper6361

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey everyone! I have a 12 gallon tank without a heater or an algae scraper (shame on me! I've had this tank for 2 weeks) Can you post pictures of stuff I should buy for heaters and cleaning tools and where to buy them? I am a starter and I want stuff that is reliable! Thank you so much! I know I need the stuff but I don't want to waste money on worthless items!

I find some of the cheaper brands can go just as well but you may lose some features. For example a cheaper heater may be just to a pre-set temperature rather than adjustable - which may be all you need. Also some filters are set up to take custom-made replacement inserts and these can get pretty expensive to replace - its generally cheaper if you can fit your own media that you have bought in bulk.

If you need supplies for your tank check out these sites:

www.drsfostersmith.com
www.thatpetplace.com
www.bigalspets.com

They all have a ton of stuff and great prices. Drs. Foster & Smith also have a lot of advice, reviews and Q&A's to help you decide on items you're considering. It's hard to say what you need since you don't mention what kind of set up you have, other than that it's a 12 gal. Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom