clear air bubbles on live rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pgizzy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
so when i turn on the lights i see small clusters of air bubble on my6 live rocks why? how do i get rid of them?

its probably red slime algae they grow on light and phosphates and they release oxygen which dont always float to the top of the water and is trapped is it like clear bubbles? if so you can get a chem called chemiclean. i also heard that you can turn your lights off for 3 day it should die off but havent testes it. a buddie of mine swears by that method.

hope this helps you

before i upgraded the lights i had marineland db lights and never had clear air bubbles. then i upgraded to coralife compact fl. and i started to see clear air bubbles. and now that i upgraded to coralife t5 with moonlights i see it a little more next to the zoo.
ph 8.2
nitrate 0
alk 11
cal. 480
phos. .25
i had phosrate at .25 since started t5he tank in jan. tryed phos. pads, phos guard and no change now i am try reverse osmosis water to see if i get lucky and get it down. any suggestion?

Sounds like what I had In my tank. I used phos remover media but don't leave it in for more then 48 hours or it will leach back into the water, other then that it seemed like my tank got better on it's own after a while I set the lights on a timer and it corrected its self because it didn't come back after i got halides. Try turning your lights off for 2-3 days. Your corals should be fine and the fish don't seem to mind. and ro/di will deff help. I use tap water and all my parameters are 0. But my tap water seems to be really well and that's all I have ever used in my salt water tanks but I have had ppl say it is better to use it there is less crap in it then tap water ie. ammonia, phosphates, ect

Hope it helps

Back
Top Bottom