Clear poop, bad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, if gabriel doesnt die of the parasites, the starvarion will get him!! He WONT eat!!

Anything that he might go for? Ill buy it in a heartbeat

So sorry to hear about Bait. Have you tried soaking some nice meaty frozen food with garlic? Or maybe some live baby brine shrimp would entice him. Best of luck!

Alyxx said:
So sorry to hear about Bait. Have you tried soaking some nice meaty frozen food with garlic? Or maybe some live baby brine shrimp would entice him. Best of luck!

Do i want meaty food? Will that constipate him further?

I have frozen brine? Would that work?

It seems more likely to entice him to eat something. You can try the frozen brine but I was thinking that he might be intrigued enough by live prey to eat.

Alyxx said:
It seems more likely to entice him to eat something. You can try the frozen brine but I was thinking that he might be intrigued enough by live prey to eat.

Yeah i think he would be too! I know my SW store has brine, but that wouldnt work right?

Ill try soaking some brine in garlic tomorrow, i think he's asleep and stuff anyways:/

All brine shrimp live in very salty water. If you get live just pour them into a fine mesh net and rinse them well with clean water. Only rinse what you need as they don't survive long in freshwater.

Alyxx said:
All brine shrimp live in very salty water. If you get live just pour them into a fine mesh net and rinse them well with clean water. Only rinse what you need as they don't survive long in freshwater.

Oh! Ok! I guess i could just put the rest in my sw tank then

The live food sounds like a good idea! You can also try bits of salmon, shrimp or mackeral- they all have a strong fish smell & may be enticing. Good luck!

jlk said:
The live food sounds like a good idea! You can also try bits of salmon, shrimp or mackeral- they all have a strong fish smell & may be enticing. Good luck!

Thanks! Woke up to gabriel swimming around with a long strand of white poop! At least he recognized me when i approached:)

Here's an idea....

Well, if gabriel doesnt die of the parasites, the starvarion will get him!! He WONT eat!!

Anything that he might go for? Ill buy it in a heartbeat

If things don't turn around quickly, you may want to try Maracyn 2 for Saltwater. It has an antibiotic that is absorbed through the skin which might ease the pain of or any infection from the worms (not that you are treating with this for that reason) and also has vitamins and an appitite stimulator in it. The FW version of Maracyn 2 doesn't have these so make sure you get it for Saltwater.
(Disclaimer: Not all Saltwater Meds can be safely used on FW fish or are of the same dosage as FW meds so please do not arbitrarily use the wrong meds. I know this one works because I have used it both personally and professionally.)

Just a thought. Hope it doesn't come to this.:fish1:

Andy Sager said:
If things don't turn around quickly, you may want to try Maracyn 2 for Saltwater. It has an antibiotic that is absorbed through the skin which might ease the pain of or any infection from the worms (not that you are treating with this for that reason) and also has vitamins and an appitite stimulator in it. The FW version of Maracyn 2 doesn't have these so make sure you get it for Saltwater.
(Disclaimer: Not all Saltwater Meds can be safely used on FW fish or are of the same dosage as FW meds so please do not arbitrarily use the wrong meds. I know this one works because I have used it both personally and professionally.)

Just a thought. Hope it doesn't come to this.:fish1:

And this will help the parasites? When should i resort to this?

Also, anything else to get him to eat? I want to try live brine

Maracyn 2

And this will help the parasites? When should i resort to this?

Also, anything else to get him to eat? I want to try live brine

This is not an antiparasitic med. This is an antibiotic to help reduce and eliminate any secondary internal bacterial infections possibly going on because of the parasite. The first step you already did (I believe) with the antiparasitic meds The main reason you are using this is for the appetite stimulator and vitamins.

Live food such as brine shrimp or black worms are always a good "get 'em back on track" food.

As for starving, it usually takes a while for fish to starve to death. If you look at the shoulder area of your fish and you see meat (a.k.a muscle)there, the fish still has some reserves to feed off of. Not knowing how long they had this parasite inside them makes it difficult to say that they have plenty of reserves but I've seen skinnier fish survive and make a comeback. The main goal is to rid the body of the worms. He probably won't eat now until that happens. Once again, the maracyn 2 has vitamins that will be absorbed so there will be some form of "nutrition" even if it is not coming from food.
I would start this in a day or two then try feeding or sooner if you see no evidence of the worms anymore. Have you done all the treatments recommended for the antiparasite med you chose? If not, you'll need to see if the 2 meds are compatible to use at the same time. Deworming is first step.

Hope this helps...(y)

I thought I'd check in and see how you guys are making out? After reading that last post, it looks like you're in great hands!

Haha yes we are very grateful! Gabrial tried to eat a few flakes today! Spit 1 of them out but at least hes eating a little bit! We will get more meds tomorrow, hopefully he gets better. Thanks you guys!

That's awesome!! I'm so happy he's eating, even if it's just nibbles. At least he's showing interest in food again! :)

Mlani said:
That's awesome!! I'm so happy he's eating, even if it's just nibbles. At least he's showing interest in food again! :)

Yeah!! Thanks!

Its good having support! My mom is going to pick up some meds for us tomorrow while were at school;)

Good news and bad...

Gabriel is doing better! He is swimming around more, and a little bit more like his usual self..

BUT..i know, there always has to be a but right??

ICH!! DARN!! The tetras..hatchets..and who knows who else. At least there arent many spots, but still! Darn i want to give up!

So here are the questions...

We are still treating with the jugle, but can we treat for ich with ich attack too? Can both be used at the same time in a tank??We have already gone through ich, and this is a good med that is all natural and works!

Also, our peacock eel doesnt like heat, so we wont put it all the way up to 88, but to 85? Will that help at all??

Sorry guys...:(

Good news and bad...

Gabriel is doing better! He is swimming around more, and a little bit more like his usual self..

BUT..i know, there always has to be a but right??

ICH!! DARN!! The tetras..hatchets..and who knows who else. At least there arent many spots, but still! Darn i want to give up!

So here are the questions...

We are still treating with the jugle, but can we treat for ich with ich attack too? Can both be used at the same time in a tank??We have already gone through ich, and this is a good med that is all natural and works!

Also, our peacock eel doesnt like heat, so we wont put it all the way up to 88, but to 85? Will that help at all??

Sorry guys...:(

:eek:

I'm sorry!! :(

I was so excited to read the beginning of the post and see that Gabriel is doing better and now this.....

Jill said:
:eek:

I'm sorry!! :(

I was so excited to read the beginning of the post and see that Gabriel is doing better and now this.....

I know! I was excited too! Ha..

Oh, boy!!!! Well, i am glad he is doing better! My advice would be to finish the parasite meds first- this is the most important thing to deal with first. Increasing the heat as much as you can manage will speed up the ich life cycle so this is a good idea. Once the parasite treatment is completed, I would remove as much of the meds as possible (water changes followed by carbon) before treating with the ich meds.

I honestly dont know if the two different meds are compatible & personally would not risk combining them without knowing 100% they are safe to combine. I do know for fact from talking to the manufacturers of Prazipro that it should never be combined with ich meds because they said it can be a lethal combination- they didnt specify which ich meds, however. I probably should have asked them, but at the time but I was calling for different info on Prazi & this was something they mentioned. Dont know if this helps or not! Good luck!!!

Back
Top Bottom