Clear poop, bad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jlk said:
Oh, boy!!!! Well, i am glad he is doing better! My advice would be to finish the parasite meds first- this is the most important thing to deal with first. Increasing the heat as much as you can manage will speed up the ich life cycle so this is a good idea. Once the parasite treatment is completed, I would remove as much of the meds as possible (water changes followed by carbon) before treating with the ich meds.

I honestly dont know if the two different meds are compatible & personally would not risk combining them without knowing 100% they are safe to combine. I do know for fact from talking to the manufacturers of Prazipro that it should never be combined with ich meds because they said it can be a lethal combination- they didnt specify which ich meds, however. I probably should have asked them, but at the time but I was calling for different info on Prazi & this was something they mentioned. Dont know if this helps or not! Good luck!!!

Ok, so finish with the parasites first? I bought 2 more boxes today, so how do i know when im done? I wont know if its gone or not!

So ill just do heat for now? Hopefully my eel is okay with it

Oh no! If its not one thing its another, right? Do you have a qt you could move the eel to so you can raise the temp in the main tank more?

Yes, I would finish the parasite meds first & add the heat while keeping eye on everybody (incl the eel!). How many treatments have you done so far of the parasite meds & for how long?

jlk said:
Yes, I would finish the parasite meds first & add the heat while keeping eye on everybody (incl the eel!). How many treatments have you done so far of the parasite meds & for how long?

Ive done 2 treatments. Started thursday?

Alyxx said:
Oh no! If its not one thing its another, right? Do you have a qt you could move the eel to so you can raise the temp in the main tank more?

Yup!

No QT:( ahh..everything is terrible! I cant even concentrate on my fish because of school!!!

Relax!!! Your fish will be fine! Gradually work on increasing the heat. I havent used the exact product you are using & i am not sure what it recommends for duration of treatment- is it 3 doses spread out over a couple of days or more or less?

jlk said:
Relax!!! Your fish will be fine! Gradually work on increasing the heat. I havent used the exact product you are using & i am not sure what it recommends for duration of treatment- is it 3 doses spread out over a couple of days or more or less?

Your right..at least this isnt as bad as Convict's chichlid disaster! :( sorry again man!

It says dose 20 mL every day and 5 days after the spots are gone

Just called the company and talked with some scientist. He says that you cant be sure if the two medecines can work at the same time, because he isnt sure of jungles ingredients. I told him, but he said there could be unknown factors. I dont want to risk it..

I think he had a dimensia? We kept going around and around in circles lol

Mixing Meds

I have to agree- i wouldnt risk combining the meds either!

Mixing meds is always a tough go. Some mix, some don't , some counteract the other and some form a new compound that is toxifc to fish. Just like in humans, you can't mix all meds together.

Usually, any jump in temp of 4-6 degrees tends to ruin the ich's cycle. Raising the temp will have to do for now. The bigger prob I see is that ICH is a condition that is brought on by stress. The internal parasites become more active when the fish is under stress. You've got something out of whack in your tank that is stressing the fish out. It would be different if only 1 or 2 fish was effected but now you've got multiple types of fish with multiple problems. NOT A GOOD SIGN!!!:nono:
Go back to basics. Check EVERYTHING to make sure that there is no situation brewing that you are not aware of.
Finish the 5 day course of the antiparasitic meds. If the fish seems to be coming around, give him small amounts of food for starters until he is 100%. You don't have to make up for the food he wasn't eating. Check all the parameters in your tank (PH, Ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, hardness, etc.) check for dead spots where no water flows and harmful bacteria beds could be developing, check your filter box for old decaying material.

Be a detective. Something is wrong and it's your job to figure it out.

Keep us posted (y)

Reactions: jlk
K, ill do some investigating! I thought the ich would be brought on by the stressed angel? Then been transfered before he died?

And do i stop the treatment for internals today then? Ive dosed twice! Should i then do a large PWC and use my ich attack?

jlk said:
How bad is the ich? How is Gabriel doing?

Gabriel ate a bit this morning, and has been swimming aroun more when i am near.

The ich isnt bad really. The worst fish (fat tetra) has maybe 4 spots

I am glad he is starting to eat! That is good news! I would wait until atleast tommorrow before switching meds. Do a large pwc & run some carbon in your filter for a few hours to remove any traces of meds. I actually would probably follow this with another large pwc after putting your old media back in to be sure you have removed as much of the meds as possible before starting new meds. And watch Gabriel closely for any changes! Good luck!! :)

jlk said:
I am glad he is starting to eat! That is good news! I would wait until atleast tommorrow before switching meds. Do a large pwc & run some carbon in your filter for a few hours to remove any traces of meds. I actually would probably follow this with another large pwc after putting your old media back in to be sure you have removed as much of the meds as possible before starting new meds. And watch Gabriel closely for any changes! Good luck!! :)

Thank you! I really wanted to does the meds again today.,., just to really try an fix gabrial! Could we do a 25% today, does more meds, raise the heat for the ich, in 2 days so a huge pwc an add carbon, another huge pwc, then ich attack? Hahaha thanks :)

Ich doesnt kill overnight & you guys have only just noticed the spots, so I wouldnt worry too much! I think treating Gabriel should be first as he is the most serious. Your fine to wait another 2 days so he has a full weeks worth of treatment. Keep us posted!

I just read the last couple of pages. I'm sorry for your loss! :(
You don't need meds to treat the ich.
Increase the temp up to 86-88F
Increase aeration
Leave the temp up for a week after last spot is seen
No salt or meds are needed for ich.

Mumma.of.two said:
I just read the last couple of pages. I'm sorry for your loss! :(
You don't need meds to treat the ich.
Increase the temp up to 86-88F
Increase aeration
Leave the temp up for a week after last spot is seen
No salt or meds are needed for ich.

Thanks mumma, its been a bad week :( and ya we tried that last time, but our pecock eel hated the high heat so we had to turn it down! We will get it as high as 85 or so if we can... Heater kinda sucks at the moment. I am seeing no progress with Gabrial. One minute he is swimming and the next he is in the "death corner" staring up at the sky. This is baaaaaaaad.

Back
Top Bottom