Clear water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rockyofhockey

Aquarium Advice Addict
I want clear water soooo bad it's not even funny!!! How do I do this!!!!! I've got a peaks of drift wood but that's not the problem. My tanks stocked pretty good I've got a aquaclear40 filter with fluval clear water package with it. But I still can't get water

Without any details about your tank no one will be able to help you. Are you dealing with an algae bloom, sediment. Is your tank overstocked or under filtered...etc?

I don't know what fluvial clear water package is but I assume it's some kind of mechanical filtration? If you have enough mechanical filtration than sachem clarity will work wonders. However all it does is clump up particulates into larger easier to filter clumps....if you don't have sufficient mechanical filtration to capture those particles it won't help.

I run purigen too which has helped me a lot. I usually have crystal clear water without having to add clarity/filter floss but every once in a while if kick up a bunch of dust or something I will add extra filter floss and clarity and it looks crystal clear in a couple hours. Rinse out the filter and you're good to go.

IF you go the clarity route I can't emphasize enough the mechanical filtration. I've seen so many posts about how "clarity made it worse" "Clarity killed my fish" "It's been a week and it still looks cloudy....never again."

Those people used clarity without enough filtration to pick up the clumps and then assumed the problem was in the product.

Ok 40 bow front with 2 pitcus cat. Dwarf bichir, leaf fish, firemouth cichlid. With a 40 aqua clear filter

Obviously that's up to you. Clarity might work when a tank is under filtered but it would take longer. If it really is under filtered than the fact that it is not crystal clear is really just a symptom which would come back if you 'treated it' with clarity.

Oh and I put in a Aqua clear 50 as the filter. If what you have is actually a 30 you are even more under filtered than we thought. I don't think an aqua clear 40 exists

Oh and I put in a Aqua clear 50 as the filter. If what you have is actually a 30 you are even more under filtered than we thought. I don't think an aqua clear 40 exists

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394480863.184198.jpg this is the filter. Wht is clarity btw. I don't know what that is

That's not even an aqua clear filter, I don't know what it is just by looking at it. Use the website I sent you and make sure the stocking/ filtration is correct. If you are under filtered deal with that first.

You can just google sachem clarity, I trust!

Uh...water changes, water changes.....water changes

View attachment 227065 this is the filter. Wht is clarity btw. I don't know what that is

It says right on top dude, it's an aqueon

Aqueon » Aqueon QuietFlow? Power Filter | Products

I like the rule I have for myself, get double the filtration they suggest on the box

My 55 gallon has two, aqua clear 110's on it, rated for 60-110 gallons, each, also the bigger the filter the more options inside of it for filter media, filter floss( cheapest best clear water secret)

It's worth the money to give your fish nice filtered water, the filters also hold quite a bit of water, so it's actually increasing your tanks volume,

My other rule is 50% water changes every 7 days

Although I wasn't born with these rules, I lost fish , had cloudy water, researched and asked people on here for suggestions

These rules still work for me
And looking through my tank end to end, 4 feet, it's crystal clear
And color is coming from every fish

The cleaner the water , the happier, healthier, the fish will be

Good luck dude

I like the rule I made have, get double the filtration they suggest on the box

My 55 gallon has two, aqua clear 110's on it, rated for 60-110 gallons, each

It's worth the money to give your fish nice filtered water, the filters also hold quite a bit of water, so it's actually increasing your tanks volume,

My other rule is 50% water changes every 7 days

Although I wasn't born with these rules, I lost fish , had cloudy water, researched and asked people on here for suggestions

These rules still work for me

And looking through my tank end to end, 4 feet, it's crystal clear

And color is coming from every fish

The cleaner the water , the happier, healthier, the fish will be

Good luck dude

Ok thx I think it's a aqueon quite flow actually cas I looked up the box I got it in. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394483205.540050.jpg i think I'm also gonna get this to go with my other filter making it about 60+ gallons. Would this be ok?

I like the rule I have for myself, get double the filtration they suggest on the box

Same here. I have an AC70 running on my 30g plus a little internal filter that I move to my quarantine tank when I need it. Like I said, cloudy water is a symptom in this case.

Seachem Clarity is a great product but should only be used under limited conditions in my opinion. For example when I rescape my tank and the gunk would take longer to settle than I prefer. It won't help at all if you are dealing with a chronic water quality problem.

Would that be ok though?

Like I said, Check your stocking information and filters on aqadvisor to check to see if that would be enough filtering capacity. I suspect two of those would be ok for what you currently have. Wouldn't b enough if you tried to add more fish though.

I'm sure that Internet page is more knowledgeable then me, I just go by, water test, with drops not strips and how the fish and water look, make sure you use good food. New life spectrum or equivalent, that makes a big difference,
I would do 50% weekly, not 30% like that page says, more the better

Sent from my C6906 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom