Closing stores

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redsea

Aquarium Advice Addict
I don't know about you but two of my lfs are either closing or stopping selling saltwater. I didn't get why one of the lfs would stop selling saltwater because I though a lot of people had salt tanks. Its a bummer. What about you? Are your stores closing down?

I guess it is bittersweet because I did get my devils hand and my new CUC at half price. Lol

it could depend on the area too but its the nature of the business

I've been struggling to find a decent LFS, and this is a decent sized city. But, there's a Petsmart or Petco literally every 5 miles here, and with the rise of online ordering that allows web stores to carry such a wide variety of stock, I'd imagine a LFS often just can't compete, especially for saltwater invertebrates or corals that require quite specific tank parameters. It is kinda sad, especially if the LFS was actually knowledgeable and helpful. The good news is that there are large web-based retailers that can be just as helpful and knowledgeable, but I do miss being able to wander around an actual store and see the tanks and fish, getting new ideas if nothing else.

I've been struggling to find a decent LFS, and this is a decent sized city. But, there's a Petsmart or Petco literally every 5 miles here, and with the rise of online ordering that allows web stores to carry such a wide variety of stock, I'd imagine a LFS often just can't compete, especially for saltwater invertebrates or corals that require quite specific tank parameters. It is kinda sad, especially if the LFS was actually knowledgeable and helpful. The good news is that there are large web-based retailers that can be just as helpful and knowledgeable, but I do miss being able to wander around an actual store and see the tanks and fish, getting new ideas if nothing else.

Yea I will miss that too....

Back
Top Bottom