Cloudy water cant shake it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, that was depressing...black trash bags over my little fish friends is a little sad, lol.

Okay, start the timer...3 days and 23 1/2 hours to go :(

This will actually be interesting because Ryan is fighting off green water, and I'm basically just trying to fight back some normal green algae on rocks and DW. It will be interesting to see how successful it will be for both of us.

eco23 said:
Yeah, that was depressing...black trash bags over my little fish friends is a little sad, lol.

Okay, start the timer...3 days and 23 1/2 hours to go :(

This will actually be interesting because Ryan is fighting off green water, and I'm basically just trying to fight back some normal green algae on rocks and DW. It will be interesting to see how successful it will be for both of us.

My timer will start tonight at 8 pm

Ok a little late I am filling back up after a mega clean up so I will be finished at 11:30 pm which is 10 mins away

Bye bye fisheys this is gonna be hard not to peek but I will be good

Here goes:(

Here is the before just before I added a lot! Of plants I hope they make it ok

Then after I wrapped it all up you can see the disappointment lol

Hopefully the after shot looks much better and I ordered my new bulb through amazon it's an 1800k I hope that won't produce algae worse then before it's an aqua glo 40 watt T8 1800k for cheap and I ordered my mean green killing machine the 24 watt it was 100$+ tax the 8 watt was almost 80$ so I went bigger

ITS GONNA BE HARD NOT TO PEEK!

Everyone cross your fingers, toes, and eyes lol

Man! I forgot pictures! Our tanks look similar wrapped like that. Mine is a bow, and I went all hardcore taping the bottom and all the sides to make sure it was pitch black.

Plus, now we know what the Canadian guy looks like, lol. I've been told by the missus I'm not allowed to grow the beard. I try to let it slip by for a while...but eventually she asks "How long is mountain man staying in town?" hahaha

eco23 said:
Man! I forgot pictures! Our tanks look similar wrapped like that. Mine is a bow, and I went all hardcore taping the bottom and all the sides to make sure it was pitch black.

Plus, now we know what the Canadian guy looks like, lol. I've been told by the missus I'm not allowed to grow the beard. I try to let it slip by for a while...but eventually she asks "How long is mountain man staying in town?" hahaha

Haha usually I don't let it slide this long I need to shave down and get a hair cut since the baby my spare time goes to tanks and sleep and wifey I guess lol

I know what you mean I still picture you as a professional soccer player lol

I considered it when I was dealing with green water for a while...but since I cleared it up I've kinda forgotten about it.

I got some absolutely A+++ advice from fort384 today...and I'm gonna follow his advice to the T and see if it fixes things up. I can link the thread if you'd like.

Two pages of advice from me and Fort gets all the credit. :blink: See if I try to help you next time! lol ;):rolleyes: Good luck...let us know how it's going..

Won't be much news for a few days we just started our black outs

O yes what is the best photo period should we stick with 8 hrs on and 8 off after the black out?

Coleallensmom said:
Two pages of advice from me and Fort gets all the credit. :blink: See if I try to help you next time! lol ;):rolleyes: Good luck...let us know how it's going..

I appreciate your help as well ;). However, on line one of my thread I basically stated I'm am idiot and need to be treated like a baby, haha! Fort gave me step by step instructions of what to do, how to do it and even brands :). The blackout to give that advice a head start is my tweak to the advice...but I'll happily give the both of you equal credit when I update the thread assuming this works. Thanks for your help though. Look at the bright side...if it fails miserably...you can say it wasn't your advice I was following, haha :)

I appreciate your help as well ;). However, on line one of my thread I basically stated I'm am idiot and need to be treated like a baby, haha! Fort gave me step by step instructions of what to do, how to do it and even brands :). The blackout to give that advice a head start is my tweak to the advice...but I'll happily give the both of you equal credit when I update the thread assuming this works. Thanks for your help though. Look at the bright side...if it fails miserably...you can say it wasn't your advice I was following, haha :)

I'll have to read more closely next time. lol ;) In all seriousness...Good luck! I really do think losing the actnic and shortening the amount of time your lights are on will do the trick!

Coleallensmom said:
I'll have to read more closely next time. lol ;) In all seriousness...Good luck! I really do think losing the actnic and shortening the amount of time your lights are on will do the trick!

What is the best photo period 8 hrs?

ryan-peddle said:
What is the best photo period 8 hrs?

The advice I received from (both fort and coleallensmom ;) ) was to have an 8 hour period and adjust as needed. I've also heard the 4 on, 4 off idea...but I'll stick with the (mutually) suggested idea of 8 hrs once I get things back to normal :)

ECO I am going nuts!!!!! lol
Did you peek ? I didn't but I am driving myself crazy I got high light plants in there that I am sure are not lovin this process

ryan-peddle said:
ECO I am going nuts!!!!! lol
Did you peek ? I didn't but I am driving myself crazy I got high light plants in there that I am sure are not lovin this process

Yeah man, I'm already losing my mind, lol. Last night I started hearing this weird tapping sound at like 3am...so of course I'm freaking out and moving the hoses to the canister filter and checking connections...but I knew I couldn't uncover it. After a bit of messing around I realized it must've been an airstone that was somehow vibrating a bit of the substrate against the glass, cause after I tugged on the airline tubing...it went away. I'm already a little high strung to begin with...and when you add in a potential problem that I'm incapable of looking at...my mind almost explodes, haha. I just keep reminding myself that if I peek once...it's apparently like I never did it al all, it supposedly needs to be a total, 100% blackout for 4 days. I'm not worried about the plants, I'm sure they'll recover if they take damage...but I just hope my Ram isn't eating everyone, lol.

I'm gonna shoot you a PM here in a sec.

Yeah, patience is definitely not my strong point, lol. I did this once before and I was a ball of stress pulling the cover off to see what was under. I'm glad tomorrow night isn't too far away...or I might have to wait for the orderlies in white coats to tell me what happened, haha.

Fish in my QT and the Betta have never gotten so much attention as they have in the last 3 days :)

A canister type filter with a micron cartridge (water polishing) should clear the tank. On the occasion that one of my tanks gets a little hazy, I use a Hot Magnum with a micron cartridge and it clears up in a couple days. Going back real old school, a Diatom filter will definitely clear it:)

Back
Top Bottom