Cloudy Water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just did another 40% WC... it's a little better.. about half has cloudy.. lets see what happens by tonight.

I didnt use pfs but i used a thicker grain sand and my tank did the same thing. Itll go away totally after a few scheduled water changes.

Cool, I hope the same for me :)

It stayed the same as it was this morning after the WC's. I wanted to do another one tomorrow morning. Thing is.. my fish are rubbing themselves against things since I did the WC today.. I read some where that if you do large water changes this can happen.. So.. I may just wait a couple of days and do another WC.

Cool, I hope the same for me :)

It stayed the same as it was this morning after the WC's. I wanted to do another one tomorrow morning. Thing is.. my fish are rubbing themselves against things since I did the WC today.. I read some where that if you do large water changes this can happen.. So.. I may just wait a couple of days and do another WC.

Can be due to Ich, gill flukes, bubbles under the skin (why it is so important to match temps of tap and tank water!), etc. I wouldn't jump the gun yet, but if this is a new tank and you have never had Ich it is a very likely scenario as most (all?) of us have had it at some point. And if that's the case frequent water changes with gravel vacs is one of the most beneficial things you can do.

EDIT: Getting my threads mixed up. I see this isn't a new tank. If you didn't add new fish or plants from contaminated tanks I think you'll be fine.

No, this is a new tank. It's an upgrade from a 20 gallon. I have been careful with keeping the water the same temp. When I add the water my heater doesnt even go on. I've done so many WC's that I know the exact temp by feel.. lol I did have a case of ich with my 20 gallon tank when it was cycling. I think because I had very high ammonia and I was told by my LFS not to change any water! So I kept it like that for 2 weeks until I started joining forums and I was told to do many water changes. My fish were so stressed they developed ich. I had no idea what I was doing then. But, they all survived it thankfully. I heard every tank has some ich in it, it just depends mostly if your fish are stressed at the time to get it (unless like you said, adding a fish or plant from a contaminated tank) I haven't added anything new but sand and a fake piece of driftwood. I don't think my fish are stressed. They seem very happy.

But, who knows.. with my luck.. Hopefully they aren't getting ich.. I'll be very upset.

By new tank I meant totally starting from scratch (with livestock to boot). If the fish are the same from the 20 you shouldn't have any issues with Ich.

Back
Top Bottom