cloudy water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigdom

Aquarium Advice Regular
Im cyclin my tank wit fish....wow what a pain. Im new to this but only lost 2 .... my ammo is 4 my nitrates are 5-10 and my nitrites are. 5. Cycling for 10 days now wit a 1/3 ac everyday....is this rite and how do I get the last of the cloudiness out

Sent from my DROIDX using Aquarium. Im doin a 1/3 water change every day. Should I be doin more

Im doin a 1/3 water change every day....should I do more?

Sent from my DROIDX using Aquarium

And what does the P mean in pwc

Aaaaa wow I feel dumb

Yes, you need to do more frequent and larger water changes. If your ammonia or nitrIte are higher than .25 ppm you need to do a water change.

The Cloudiness is a bacteria bloom and should go away in a few days. I'm having the same issue. Just keep up with the PWC's and testing your H2O everyday...

So I should do 1/3 pwc twice a day.... ? It was real cloudy but now its real clear just not crystal

bigdom said:
Im cyclin my tank wit fish....wow what a pain. Im new to this but only lost 2 .... my ammo is 4 my nitrates are 5-10 and my nitrites are. 5. Cycling for 10 days now wit a 1/3 ac everyday....is this rite and how do I get the last of the cloudiness out

Those numbers don't sound right. What are you using to test for ammonia/nitrItes/nitrAtes?

FYI, in case it's test strips, those are inaccurate; you should use a liquid test kit instead. Go buy the API Freshwater Master Test Kit found in all of the chain pet stores.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom