Cloudy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tkmaune

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 29gallon that has been ip and running for a while now. The water is pretty cloudy. I did a pwc and switched the filter pads. I also put some new plants from a 5 gal into the 29g yesterday kindof mixong around the rocks slightly...is this the cause?? I would love any advice on how to clear it up, my other tanks never got cloudy like this :-( help!!!!! The pic was taken today

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110719_170626.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110719_170626.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 92
How long has the tank been running?

In the picture it looks like a milky cloudiness ... which would be good if it is as that is a bacterial bloom. What is bad is changing filter pads/ cartridges. At this point don't do ANYTHING else to the filter. It's in the filter media/cartridges where a lot of BB will eventually reside. By changing the filter pad, you may have just discarded the bacteria that was taking root and could set your cycle back delaying it further.

I actually changed the carteridge because it needed two and i only had one in it. It been up and running for about a month now.

Back
Top Bottom