Clove oil for eutanasia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nautilus

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just had to put down the gravely ill fish after nearly a month of unsuccessful attempt to treat her with many kinds of antibacterial and antiparasite medications. There was a mysterious growth on the gill, and it was getting bigger and bigger, eating away the flesh around :cry: I made the clove oil solution with the water in a small jar and then added some of it in the mixing bowl with aquarium water and sick fish. The fish died quickly and peacefully, but another full dose of solution is still left in the jar. Can I keep it in the refrigerator for possible future use, or it will loose its effectiveness? Please give any advice. Thank you.

Clove oil is euganol if I remember correctly from my Natural Product Chemistry class. It is thick and sticky...... and won't spoil afaik. Watch for mould as you don't really know how pure it is and what might happen to the water you put it in. I bet you 50 Kudos that it will be good the next time you want to use it. Just keep a lid on it.

how much cloveoil do u add?
in proportion to water do u needto add vodka too to do the killing bit?

Back
Top Bottom