Clown & Anenome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4HIRE

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I recently added a Sebae Anenome to my tank. I already had a Tomato Clown that I was hoping would hang out in the Sebae. It's been3 days and the Clown won't go near it. Is there something I can do to introduce the Clown to the Seabe?

Not really, they just need time. It may take a long time (weeks/months), as well as there's a chance it may never happen. But, it normally takes longer than a few days even if it is gonna happen. Try to be patient and give them some time.

Sebae anemones are not known to be the greatest clownfish hosts on earth. Tomato clowns are known to take to a wide variety of anemones though so there is a chance the clown will take to the Sebae, but as Fluff said it often takes more than a few days. One anemone that most clownfish species will host with is the Bubble Tipped or Rose Bubble Tipped Anemone - these though are rather expensive but in my opinion one of the most gorgeous anemones on the market.

There is really nothing you can do to introduce the clown to the anemone. I had a pair of percula clowns that hosted in a BTA one time all while there was a Long Tentacle Anemone in the tank. When the BTA died they moved into a Gonipora coral but my maroon clown hosts in the LTA - so it really is anyone's guess to what a clown will do with an anemone.

Back
Top Bottom