Clown fish advice asap thanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeruvalcaba

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello i have 2 true percula tank raises an a false percula wild caught!! And i want to add a black false to my reef! With a bubble anemone is this a good idea?? Then anemone has been hosting the black false

Jeruvalcaba said:
Hello i have 2 true percula tank raises an a false percula wild caught!! And i want to add a black false to my reef! With a bubble anemone is this a good idea?? Then anemone has been hosting the black false

It's actually not a good idea to have more than 2 clowns from what I hear...

it depends on the size of your tank. If it is large enough that you can keep them at their own corner, then you are fine. If you have a small tank then it won't happen. ( consider this is nano reef section =p)

I'd get another nem just incase cause if any that u have already want it they will fight to the death

it depends on the size of your tank. If it is large enough that you can keep them at their own corner, then you are fine. If you have a small tank then it won't happen. ( consider this is nano reef section =p)

It don't matter the tank size a friend had 4 clowns. And two would fight over a carpet nem and one killed the other tank size 180 gal

Hey thanks guys!! I acctually have a anemone already its a bubble but the color its pink!! Pretty big! But none of my clowns havent host yet! Its been in the tank for about a week!! So thats why i wanted to get another anemone with a clown already hosting!

Yeah i kow therea no guarantee but at the store i will purchase it from they already have the anemone hosting the black clown! So i was planning to get both! My only concern if they will kill each other with my other three clowns!

Yes of you have more than 2 clowns there will
most likely be a fight to the death... It would take a VERY large tank to not have this happen. People who have 125 gallon tanks have reported more than 2 clowns killing each other.

Less likely if the clown u are buying is smaller than the largest one u have the females are larger. And aggressive

Less likely if the clown u are buying is smaller than the largest one u have the females are larger. And aggressive

Catch the clowns u have when u introduce the new one and float them in a spaghetti strainer so the new one can check things out first

The one im buying is larger than the ones i have right now will this be better?

i don't think it is a good idea regardless, you will have issues either way, the new clown fish might try to drive the old clown fish you have away from its territories. The reason why I said bigger tank would be fine is because at least you can have the clown fish that lost the battle somewhere to run to. in a small tank, you kind of put them in a UFC cage.

Guys thanks for all the info im not gonna buy the other black one! But i will buy another anemone!! I just got my tank raised true percula to host my anemone :). Can i have 2 different color BTA together??

image-2889523212.jpg

Yea u can have them together they shouldn't being they same fam but u can feed the one you have and do 10% water changes a week and it will split on its own also I water changed my tank 3x last week 25 gal cause my test kit said my nitrates were 80ppm and after all 3 25gal water changes still 80 ppm my lfs thinks I have a bad test kit and my green hairy mushroom is splitting as we speak and I would feed him spirilla brine shrimp 2x a week

Back
Top Bottom