Clown fish help please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DoIt4Fun

Aquarium Advice Regular
Okay I have 2 types of clowns in my 46 gallon bow front one is a Clarkii and the other is a percular it was a little rough at first but they are okay now... I also have 2 Condy anemone one purple tip one white... My Clarkii was the first in the tank he doesnt really host on the purple on but he swims over it and feeds it and now that I have put the white Condy in he's keeping the percular away from both.... What do I do please help

Attachments

• image-799415364.jpg
    image-799415364.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 114
  • image-308281874.jpg
    image-308281874.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 105
  • image-520923603.jpg
    image-520923603.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 96
  • image-663197784.jpg
    image-663197784.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 99
That issue won't resolve itself unfortuantely. Since the Clarkii has claimed both the nems, he will attack any fish that tries to encroach on his territory. If he's feeding it or sitting in it, he considers it "his". The best course of action would be to remove either the clarkii or the percula. Mixing clown species in general, even without a nem, can be a TON of problems.

You could try propagating one of the nems and then putting the pieces on either side of the tank and see if your other clown claims it? Don't know if it would work or not, just a suggestion.

Your best off removing one of the clowns as stated. The clarki has taken up his territory and he wont give it up. Mixing clown species in smaller tanks causes many problems, especially when start introducing nems. Also condies are not natural hosts for clowns so the chances of both hosting a seperate nem is slim to 0.

Only other option i can see would be to remove the nems and hope no more disputes take place. Introducing BTA's at a later time could yield different results.

Back
Top Bottom