Clown Loach with white spot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marshy92

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have 3 Clown loach in my comunity aquarium, 2 i've noticed with white spot, they look as though there iching the sides of there body on my sand substrate and they do have little white dots on the tail fin andback end of there body, I've raised the temp to 32c / 89f to try speed up the life span of the desease of the fish but how can I help treat the fish and water

Raising the heat is the best thing you can do for Ich. It speeds up the life cycle of the parasite so its going to look worse for a couple days before it starts getting better. just make sure you keep the heat raised for at least a week after the last Ich spot has disappeared. You can also add a dose of aquarium salt to help prevent a secondary infection.

what type of salt? and wont the salt effect my other fish ?

Aquarium salt is the specific type. It is non-iodized. What other types of fish do you have in the aquarium?

I have Angels, red tail shark, bala/silver sharks, skunk cory, golden zebra loaches, pictus catfish, danios, a cichlid, albino bristlenose, chinese algea eaters aswell as the clowns

I'm not 100% positive, but I think the only one with salt sensitivity is the pictus catfish. You might need to ask around but you need to bw careful about using salt with sensitive ones, since that could stress them out or kill them.

is there a way to add the salt then extract it later on when everything has cleared up?

Just leave it in there, it will eventually diffuse with water changes and if not dosed to highly won't affect anything

Back
Top Bottom