Clown loach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bigtay

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well I just clean my show tank and removed all the rocks to stur up my sand and I notice one of my clowns was missing. I know they are great hiders and hoping mayb he was hiding in the sand? They r in a tank with my African cichlids and I'm hoping they didn't eat him. My cichlids r about 2-3 inches and my clowns about 1 inch. Has this happen to anybody b4?

My clown tends to hide quite a bit. Are you sure you removed all the decor? Do the rocks have caves or holes in them that he could've been in when you removed them from the tank?

I was missing two of three kuhlii loaches the one time and sure enough, they were hiding in the rocks I took out. Luckily I put the rocks in a bucket of tank water.

meegosh said:
My clown tends to hide quite a bit. Are you sure you removed all the decor? Do the rocks have caves or holes in them that he could've been in when you removed them from the tank?

I was missing two of three kuhlii loaches the one time and sure enough, they were hiding in the rocks I took out. Luckily I put the rocks in a bucket of tank water.

I hope that wasn't the case because I have bout 200 pounds of rocks and I didn't put them in water,hope it shows back up. I took my other clowns out and put them in my daughters tetra tank until they get a little bigger. I will wait it out to see if he shows up so I can put him with the others. If not I will have to replace him because I want atleast a pack of 3.

Back
Top Bottom