Clown Loaches bickering

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cartosbartos

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys just wondering if its normal for my clowns to always be bickering, its mainly one picking on the other. I got 3 and the other one just hides away and keeps to itself, i hate watching them fight and im in the process of getting the rehomed but i was just wondering what the go is ?

Cartosbartos said:
Hey guys just wondering if its normal for my clowns to always be bickering, its mainly one picking on the other. I got 3 and the other one just hides away and keeps to itself, i hate watching them fight and im in the process of getting the rehomed but i was just wondering what the go is ?

Well.. The biggest question is how big is your tank

I have eleven Clowns spread over two tanks and they wrestle a little bit, I've see liplocking and mild chasing, as long as no one getter hurt I would not worry a bit since to me doesnt seem like as much aggression as much as playfulness. Clowns also are very social schooling fish who do better when stocked over five per tank. They get large but are very slow growers so don't fret to much about tank size yet.

Last edited:
I have eleven Clowns spread over two tanks and they wrestle a little bit, I've see liplocking and mild chasing, as long as no one getter hurt I would not worry a bit since to me doesnt seem like as much aggression as much as playfulness. Clowns also are very social schooling fish who do better when stocked over five per tank. They get large but are very slow growers so don't fret to much about tank size yet.

they are in a 90 L tank but one always seems to be picking on the other, chasing him all around the tank. How do you tell if they are starting to hurt eachother ? will there be red marks or something

You would certainly see damage around their mouths and barbel area. I wouldn't worry much as long as they're eating and active but in that size tank they will need to rehomed.

Back
Top Bottom