Clown Loaches Growth Rate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

courtnee

Aquarium Advice Freak
These guys must grow very fast to start.

I am in shock over here in just the few weeks I have had my 2 CL how much they have grown. They were just little babies I was worried my Pictus cats would eat when I bought them. They were bigger compared to the YoYos but still small. They were smaller then my Tetra and have already grown larger then my Tetra in the tank!

They must have a fast growth rate the first year I am assuming and slow down some?

They do have a hearty snail diet in there. I had a snail problem and now after a few weeks I have to look hard to find a snail. LOL That is wonderful. They also eat alot I notice which must be because they are babies still. They really like the sinking pellets for the cats.

they grow to 6" within the first year, i think, then drastically slow down after that. I miss mine so much...gotta get a big tank before I will get more though...

Hey Courtnee, I've had my 5 cl's for about 6 months now. They were about 1.5 to 2 inches when I got them, and they are now all between the 2-3 inch range. I feed them a varied diet 2x a day, and they love banana pieces and zuccini slices, also. I've been told they will grow pretty fast the first year, then level off to a slower growth rate. Mine haven't grown as fast as I thought they would, but they are growing. HTH.
Farmgirl.

I've had my clowns for a year and they are 4" roughly. They are in a 125 gal tank. I expect them to slow down in growth soon.

Back
Top Bottom