clown loaches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

graymare

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Jumped in headfirst and bought 25 3/4 to 1 1/2 " little clown loaches and
my question is how often do i feed and are bloodworms OK??

I plan to buy some in the not too distant future (unless I decide on yo-yos instead). I hope to find some about that size. That would be fun to see that many of them together in a tank...at least until they start to grow. I hope you don't have anything else much in there. I would really keep a close eye on your levels. You may get a serious ammonia spike from adding that many fish all at once, even though they are small.

They are neat!! do you want about 5 of them??

do you know how often to feed?? also I have 1 cory and a pleco.
I've heard of plecos eating small fish is this true? He's not so big
himself maybe 5". Just read that maybe feeding bloodworms is to
rich?? Oh I forgot about the 5 danios, they cause a problem with
feeding because these guys go totally nuts at feedings.

If you lived closer, I would love to take some off your hands. There is a good profile on clown loaches in the fish profiles section, and there are lots of good threads about them if you search back through the pages. I've learned a ton about them in the month or so I've been on this site.

I have 5 loaches and I feed bloodworms as a treat. I also feed algae wafers, flake food, pellet food and veggies. Variety is the spice of life.

so, do they eat zuccini like i hear i put some in there and it disappeared over nite but that could be the plec?

still i don't know how often to feed but i will go read
somemore.

just took water test;
nitrite .2
ph 8.0
nitrate 10ppm
ammo 0

thanks to all with input :D

I feed twice a day, just enough to get eaten in a couple of minutes no more. Plecos love zuc so it is quite likely the pleco is your zuc culprit.

the way the winters are here i'd love sacramento!! guess where i got these little sweeties?.........out of Riverside california on an auction........after shipping they turned out to cost about $4.50. Now if only they dont get the dreaded "ich"

thankyou for responding :)

25 clown loaches 8O Make sure you do tons of water changes and keep an eye on their growth rate, you don't want to stunt them and you'd be wise to get rid of a bunch sooner rather than later.

Back
Top Bottom