clown....true or false?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From ORA... "The true perculas have 11 dorsal spines compared to the Ocellaris who usually have have 10 dorsal spines."

The easiest way is by looking at the black stripes. The True perc. Amphiron percula has a broader black stripe seperating the white and orange areas. Here's an old photo of one of mine (A. percula)

Attachments

• aPercula ClownJPG.jpg
    aPercula ClownJPG.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 46
The more expensive between the two is the percula lol, unless of course you get a black ocellaris variant XD

wow of all the fish stores ive been in i dont think ive ever seen a true clown with the black like that...interesting

I think that's normal. Very rarely do I see true peculas in the LFSs. Think most folks want "Nemo" so that's what they stock.

Kurt's correct once again. Nemo is a False Perc ( A. ocellaris) and that's what people want when they go to the lfs.

Ditto what the guys said. The true percs have much more black on them then the false percs.

You think the black ocellaris is expensive, try the ORA no stripe clown. Would break my wallet. :)

They stock the no stripes in BRK, down by Ziggy. I think Austinsdad got one the last time we were down there.

Back
Top Bottom