Clownfish Disease

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skings421

Aquarium Advice Newbie
In have had a variety of clownfish and none of them seem to survive while all my other fish do well. The owner at a local fish store said he has heard of something called "clownfish disease" which cannot be proven why it happens but when it does clowns are best left out of the tank for a few months. After then they can be re-insterted into the aquarium without any trouble. Any other experiences with this???

Welcome to AquariumAdvice!

Wow... the info from the owner of your local fish store leaves a bit to be desired. Yes... there is such a thing as "clownfish disease", and is a fairly well known disease with well known cures. Goggle "Brooklynella" and you'll find loads of info.

What type of symptoms do the fish show before they die? And do any of the surviving fish in the tank seem to have any symptoms?

Thanks, im gonna look that up now. Some of them got white spots all over which looked a lot like ich and very well may have been but up to now I have not been able to keep any clown over 2 weeks and I have had a pretty large variety, from ocellaris to tomatoes and most recently had a saddleback which was my favorite. And no, the other fish that are in the tank are without symptoms and look healthy.

White spots, that are raised and kind of look like fine salt, sound pretty much like marine ich. Brooklynella is more of a white filmy coating.

Back
Top Bottom