Clownfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I definitely want a shrimp, I love them. I would like to, if possible, have at least one crab too. Is that a good idea or no?

And now that im thinking about it I would like to have one really colorful fish so I'll probably end up changing the list somewhat. But I'll ask what you guys think before I buy anything. Im gonna go to the lfs tomorrow and see what fish he has and if any stand out to me then come home and make a list

Bettababe1011 said:
I have to agree, shrimp are awesome. My personal favorite is the sexy shrimp. I'm planning those for my saltwater tank, when I start it. You should look then up.

I'll check them out for sure :) thank you
At the store he has some solid dark red shrimp that look pretty cool but are big. Anybody know what they could be?

HairlessPotter said:
I definitely want a shrimp, I love them. I would like to, if possible, have at least one crab too. Is that a good idea or no?

And now that im thinking about it I would like to have one really colorful fish so I'll probably end up changing the list somewhat. But I'll ask what you guys think before I buy anything. Im gonna go to the lfs tomorrow and see what fish he has and if any stand out to me then come home and make a list

Haha A shrimp? Get 2 or 3! Google royal gramma, those are colorful

HairlessPotter said:
I'll check them out for sure :) thank you
At the store he has some solid dark red shrimp that look pretty cool but are big. Anybody know what they could be?

I bet they are fire shrimp! You could get a fire shrimp and 2 cleaner shrimp ad some emerald crabs!

Gboy66 said:
Haha A shrimp? Get 2 or 3! Google royal gramma, those are colorful

What about crabs? Like emerald crab or something. I've actually seen that at the store before! I like it a lot. I'll look it up :)

HairlessPotter said:
What about crabs? Like emerald crab or something. I've actually seen that at the store before! I like it a lot. I'll look it up :)

Id get one emerald crab. I dont think it is good to have more than one in a smaller tank

Ok cool

Do you guys think I could do a clown, cardinal, yellow goby, AND royal gramma? Or is that to much? Keep in mind I'm going to have corals too (idk if that makes a difference)

HairlessPotter said:
Ok cool

Do you guys think I could do a clown, cardinal, yellow goby, AND royal gramma? Or is that to much? Keep in mind I'm going to have corals too (idk if that makes a difference)

Eh i think thatd be too much, but later on if you feel like you just HAVE to have the fourth, and your BB is keepig up with the bio load, go for it. Corals dont make a difference, unless they are so packe in that they compete for space with other coral

Gboy66 said:
Eh i think thatd be too much, but later on if you feel like you just HAVE to have the fourth, and your BB is keepig up with the bio load, go for it. Corals dont make a difference, unless they are so packe in that they compete for space with other coral

Ok good to know. I'm going to take it pretty slow anyway

I think 4 fish is alright, just get an ocerellus clown, they dont get as big. And instead if a bangaai cardinal you could get an orange spotted cardinal?

Nu-Nu the eel said:
I think 4 fish is alright, just get an ocerellus clown, they dont get as big. And instead if a bangaai cardinal you could get an orange spotted cardinal?

Ok cool. Well I think I'll go see what's at the store and try to work with that and figure something out

Okay tell us the stock you plan on getting! Also look on liveaquaria saltwater fish. Look under the sections beginer, blennys, gobys, and nano fish. There are great options

Umm mysis shrimp, brine shrimp, there are good flakes, and im not sure if blood worms work or not

I have another thread about this. Its cycled. Has been for about a week I think but I was doing the nitrate test wrong until today. All levels are 0 except nitrate was off the chart. Did a big water change and got it down to 40ppm. Tomorrow I'm gonna do another water change and get it all the way down.

Back
Top Bottom