CO2 crash course.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishies86

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi everyone!
I'd quite like to give co2 a go in my tank, but the unknown is scaring me quite a bit :/ would someone be able to give me a crash course? How do I know if I need to dose co2? And how do I do it?
If it's any help with the 'do I need to' part, I have two 15w bulbs over a 48L tank. I have echinodorus, vallis, lillaeopsos, and bacopa in the tank.
Thanks guys!

Hi everyone!
I'd quite like to give co2 a go in my tank, but the unknown is scaring me quite a bit :/ would someone be able to give me a crash course? How do I know if I need to dose co2? And how do I do it?
If it's any help with the 'do I need to' part, I have two 15w bulbs over a 48L tank. I have echinodorus, vallis, lillaeopsos, and bacopa in the tank.
Thanks guys!

IMO you have enough lighting to support high light plants, but along with co2 comes a plethora of ferts, both liquid and solid. I prefer to stay away from it, but fort and rookie are the resident co2 experts and can be a gold mine of info for you.

If you want to experiment, a 12g is a good size for a DIY co2 system (so I've heard) and there's threads here and on google to show you how to do it.

Go to PlantGeek.net - Your Aquatic Plant Resource for info too.

Back
Top Bottom