CO2 distance from tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jesse W

Aquarium Advice Activist
How far can a CO2 system be from the tank it's supplying too? I have a real tight setup and have no room for it right near the tank. If I run enough airline tubing will it be ok roughly 10 feet away or will the CO2 dissipate on its way over? Newbie to CO2 here.

Really need some advice! Looking to get the system ASAP and need to know if its gonna be an issue! Thanks.

Hiya, try to be patient, it can take some time to get a response, especially on the less common questions.

In a DIY co2 setup you might have problems building up enough pressure to go long distances, but it shouldn't be a problem with pressurized. I would be sure to use the tubing made specifically for co2 also.

Hiya, try to be patient, it can take some time to get a response, especially on the less common questions.

In a DIY co2 setup you might have problems building up enough pressure to go long distances, but it shouldn't be a problem with pressurized. I would be sure to use the tubing made specifically for co2 also.

Thanks, yeah ill be using pressurized. And as I said I'm a newbie to CO2 and wasn't even aware there was special CO2 tubing. Thanks for the response and info!

I think were talking about the same thing. Isn't silicone tubing best for delivering CO2. It won't get brittle as standard airline tubing will.

silicone tubing is made to transport air, CO2 tubing, or "CO2 resistant" tubing is made specifically to transport carbon dioxide with minimal or no leakage. with normal air tube, silicone or not, small amounts of CO2 will escape, and when you have this much tubing that amount will pile up.

That makes sense, ur previous post was confusing. I do agree tho! Can u get CO2 tubing from home depot or Lowes by chance?

Back
Top Bottom