co2 question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmazz11

Aquarium Advice Regular
This might be a stupid question but here goes. My diffuser is near the inlet of my canister filter some of the bubbles get sucked into it. Am I wasting co2 or does it just get mixed into the water and shot out the other side?

That's fine. A lot of people actually run the co2 tube inline with the canister. It won't be wasting co2. It will will help dissolve better. I run mine inline and works well. But with the inline people usually build reactors or buy one to dissolve it.
It's really only waster if the bubbles are making it to the surface and popping or with a lot of surface movement.

Ok thanks for answering my stupid question

I do this with my co2, I have my diffuser right under my canister's intake and have all the bubbles sucked into it. This breaks up the co2 and none is lost. :) It's a good idea to do this so don't worry about it.

The turbulence in the filter actually significantly helps the CO2 dissolve into water. It's a good game plan.

So i have a wavemaker next to the diffuser and it spreads all the tiny bubbles in the matter that i can see the bubbles through out the whole tank! Is it good or not?

Back
Top Bottom