Co2 Systems.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EdgarMedina1010

Aquarium Advice Freak
I been fighting Blackbeard algae in my 10 gal. tank, i got 2-10 watt CF bulbs, so i think i might need co2, has anyone ever tried any of these 2 items that would recommed using them? I've been told its pretty easy to make my own , but im not really comfortable doing one myself sice im pretty new at this and this is my first planted tank, thanks in advance

Hagen Plant Grow Natural System with CO2and Jungle CO2 Fizz Factory and Accessories

The Hagen system is just a DIY system in a slick package. If looks are more important then money, it'll work. And can be refilled for much cheaper from a grocery store- Yeast, baking soda, and sugar.

I've never used the Jungle Labs version, but seem to remember it receiving not poor reviews.

The cheaper way is to build the hagen reactor out of a 2 liter bottle and some airline.

If you decide you want CO2 on your tank (which is beneficial but not necessary with that amount of light over a 10 gallon) then you will probably find that the Hagen System is insufficient. It only has a 1 Liter container for generating CO2 and you would need closer to 2 Liters to get sufficient CO2 production for a 10 gallon tank. If you wanted to go with the Hagen system anyway, you could either buy two and use an airline connector to combine their CO2 production and just use one of the ladder diffusers. Or you could save a little money and just use a 1 Liter bottle and wire it in the same way. Definately better to have two bottles anyway, since you can stagger when you change the CO2 mix, which will help to maintain higher and more steady CO2 levels.

Yeah, i bought one full kit and got another bottle from a friend, now how much water and sugar should i add?, since my friend gave me some packets of activator and stabilizer, i will probably use em. thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom