co2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
its a little glass (or plastic) thing that has a solution in it and an air gap. the co2 offgasses a little bit in to it dropping the pH and turning the solution colors. Its simple once you see it, but hard to explain.

trans_1x1.gif

Milwaukee MA957 CO2 Regulator +10 ft CO2 Tubing $89.98
Milwaukee Instruments MA957 CO2 Adjustable Flow Pressure Regulator + Free 10 ft CO2 Proof Tubing! For CO2 Tank with a CGA-320 valve, CGA320 Includes flow regulator, needle valve, electronic solenoid & bubble counter. Unit comes ...

would this be a good one?

would this be worth getting?

Aqua Medic CO2 Continuous Test

Aqua Medic CO2 Continuous Test
Item# AQM-73020_CO2-Test
Regular price: $14.00
Sale price: $11.99

Aqua Medic CO2 Continuous Test, AquaMedic 73020

CO2-Test System

CO2 Test

The CO2-Test system is a continuous long term indicator of the CO2 level in your aquarium. This is a very simple and inexpensive way to assist in adjusting your CO2 injection rate to keep the level within the proper range.

Milwaukee SMS122+MA957+CO2 Tubing Combo

Milwaukee SMS122 pH Controller + MA957 CO2 Adjustable Flow Pressure Regulator (for CO2 Tank with a CGA-320 valve)

SMS122 (SM 122) pH CONTROLLER *** 110V only ***

RANGE: 0.0 to 14.0, WITH ±0.2 pH ACCURACY AND 2 POINT MANUAL CALIBRATION. SET POINT RANGE 5.5 TO 9.5 pH, AND LED VISUAL ALARM ACTIVE WHEN READING IS HIGHER THAN SET POINT. POWER PLUG SOCKET FOR CO2 DOSING. SUPPLIED WITH 12 V DC POWER ADAPTER, MA911B/2 DOUBLE JUNCTION pH ELECTRODE, 20 ml. pH 7.01 SACHET BUFFER SOLUTION AND SCREWDRIVER FOR CALIBRATION.

MA957 CO2 REGULATOR *** 110V only ***

With CO2 Solenoid Diaphragm Valve

Includes flow regulator, needle valve, electronic solenoid & bubble counter. Unit comes with dual gauges each with dual reading of both psi & kg/cm. Left gauge meters tank capacity and right gauge meters flow. Needle valve flow control provides for precise measurement. The solenoid valve comes with a 1.5 meter power cord. Recommended best if used with our pH controller Model SMS122
Regular price: $191.95
Sale price: $189.95

would this have everything i would need except the co2 tank?

Yes. The last one with the pH controller is everything you need. The drop checker is optional with it, but required for the kit without the ph controller.

the only down fall is it is only 110volts and my house has 120. would this set up work good or great?

Where do you live fish?

I have the exact same setup running on 1 of my tanks. It is about 3 years old and still working like the day I bought it. I have never done anything to it besides change the co2 tank.

You will need some method of diffusion to go with it remember... whether that be the inline reactor, or a ceramic/glass diffuser, or a myriad of other choices.

i want to go with the power head, but i am worried it will put so many bubbles in my tank i will not be able to see my fish, does it work like that? If i do get one is the one i put on here the one i should get?

I didn't see a powerhead linked. Any of them will work. It is actually about the best method for diffusing CO2 as far as effectiveness, but there will be bubbles in the tank. The powerhead chops them up so fine in some cases that the bubbles are tiny and just don't float to the surface very quickly... so water clarity can suffer a bit. The best method would be to build an inline reactor like rook talked about. It really is simple, would cost about 15 bucks, and would only take an hour or so. The only tool you really need is a drill (and maybe a brush to put the etch/glue on to the PVC pipe).

Take a look at this thread below... it may also answer a few questions and provide some additional info about diffusion methods, and how a drop checker works.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f20/1-4-diy-3-4-purchased-co2-system-136350.html

Milwaukee SMS122 + MA957 + Aqua Medic CO2 Reactor 100 COMBO

Milwaukee SMS122 + MA957 + Aqua Medic CO2 Reactor 100
Item# Mil-SMS122_MA957_CO2-100
$199.99
Voltage: 110V only! Out of stock, email for status.

Milwaukee SMS122 + MA957 + Aqua Medic CO2 Reactor 100 COMBO

+ 10 ft CO2 Proof Tubing!

Accessories

Milwaukee SMS122 pH Controller + MA957 CO2 Adjustable Flow Pressure Regulator (for CO2 Tank with a CGA-320 valve)

RANGE: 0.0 to 14.0, WITH ±0.2 pH ACCURACY AND 2 POINT MANUAL CALIBRATION. SET POINT RANGE 5.5 TO 9.5 pH, AND LED VISUAL ALARM ACTIVE WHEN READING IS HIGHER THAN SET POINT. POWER PLUG SOCKET FOR CO2 DOSING. SUPPLIED WITH 12 V DC POWER ADAPTER, MA911B/2 DOUBLE JUNCTION pH ELECTRODE, 20 ml. pH 7.01 SACHET BUFFER SOLUTION AND SCREWDRIVER FOR CALIBRATION.

Includes flow regulator, needle valve, electronic solenoid & bubble counter. Unit comes with dual gauges each with dual reading of both psi & kg/cm. Left gauge meters tank capacity and right gauge meters flow. Needle valve flow control provides for precise measurement. The solenoid valve comes with a 1.5 meter power cord. Recommended best if used with our pH controller Model SMS122
Milwaukee SMS122+MA957+CO2 Tubing Combo Mil-SMS122_MA957
Voltage:

if i get this one it comes with a defuser, does this kind of defuser work well?

Oh I was looking at the one below it. Yes, it looks like it has a ceramic/glass diffuser.

would that be good? i also could not tell by the contents of the ad does it have a ph controller

Yes but 2 issues: The picture doesnt match the description. It say it comes with a reactor, but has a picture of a ceramic glass diffuser. The other issue is it says out of stock.

I would skip the pkg that includes the reactor, and just get the the one below it, with the regulator and the controller. You don't want a powered reactor, imo.

I would then either buy a powerhead with an airline hookup (as discussed) or buy a ceramic glass diffuser, or build a DIY inline reactor.

Milwaukee SMS122 pH Controller + MA957 CO2 Regulator + 10 Ft CO2 Tubing

Item# Mil-SMS122_MA957
Voltage: 110V only!

so this is the one you think i should get?

yes. Then you will just need:

CO2 tank (5lb or bigger preferably)
Diffusion method
Drop Checker (Optional, but HIGHLY recommended even with the controller)

It doesn't hook into anything.

The drop checker is the glass thingy in the upper right hand corner of the tank in this photo. If you read the second page or so of that thread I posted above, it explains how a drop checker works. Or you can google it.

19738-albums1199-picture9760.jpg

ok so the only thing that needs to hook up to the kit is a co2 tank

and then a powerhead at the end

Back
Top Bottom