Co2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VOZIE

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have brought a JBL co2 kit. I have a heavily planted tank 100L. I need to know what rate of co2 should I put in to the tank. I am running 1 bubble per second. Is this enough?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1432486637428.jpg
    1432486637428.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 57
  • 1432486657256.jpg
    1432486657256.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 65
  • 1432486675216.jpg
    1432486675216.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 58
Hi Vozie. No one can tell you the bubble rate as it varies from tank to tank depending on tank size, planting density, types of plants and of course your fish. You really need a drop tester, they are cheap and easy to use. Change the indicator liquid every 4 weeks or so. Co2 should only be injected whist the lights are on and turned off preferably a couple of hours before the lights go out. The drop tester takes a few hours to give a reliable reading and I check mine late afternoon. The blue indicator will turn from blue through green to yellow as the Co2 concentration increases. Increase your bubble rate slowly, over many days, so that the colour never reaches the yellow stage, a yellowy green is what I aim for. Once you have reached yellow the indicator will not change no matter how much you overdose with Co2, I find this to be dangerous for the fish. To me, yellow is to be avoided. Finally, don't get obsessed with the plants pearling ( forming oxygen bubbles ), oxygen produced by the plants is more often absorbed into the water before bubbles are produced. Pearling does often happen after a water change as the new water can already have a high level of devolved gasses and the tank water can't absorb any more oxygen, so bubbles are visible. Sorry, I've rambled on a bit, good luck with the Co2 and your tank. Steve.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Thanks very much. Really helpful

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom